This is my go to breakfast as of late. I crave it. I love it.
You will, too.
I LOVE getting a serving of greens in when the day has barely even started! Also, I added some maca powder for its energizing properties.
- One frozen banana broken into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk or whatever milk you drink
- Two generous handfuls of spinach (or kale)
- Four ice cubes
- One heaping Tablespoon of nut butter (almond, peanut, sunflower seed)
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats (you can also sub 1/8 cup of steel cut oats)
- 1 tsp of maca powder (optional)
- hemp seeds, chia seeds, OR ground flaxseeds for sprinkling on top (optional)
Place all ingredients, minus seeds, in a high-powered blender (I used the NutriBullet). Blend until smooth. Transfer to your smoothie cup of choice and top with seeds (if using). Serve immediately. Enjoy!