For those of you who don't know what Muhammara is, it is a red pepper dip. IT'S AMAZING!
I decreased the oil in this recipe by 1/2 cup because that is A LOT of oil. I also used regular molasses instead of pomegranate molasses. It still turned out great!
MuhammaraAdapted from Epicurious
Ingredients1. One 10 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, drained
2. 2/3 cup of plain bread crumbs
3. 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
4. 4 garlic cloves, minced
5. 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
6. 2 tsp of molasses or pomegranate molasses
7. 1 tsp of cumin
8. 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
9. 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
10, 1/2 tsp of salt (optional)
MethodProcess all ingredients, minus EVOO, in a food processor until smooth. With the motor running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Transfer dip to a bowl and serve at room temperature with pita wedges, veggies, tortilla chips, crackers, or bread.
Vegan Seven Layer Taco Dip
Ingredients1. One can of vegetarian refried beans
2. One packet of taco seasoning (1 oz.)
3. One cup of ONE of the following: dairy-free cream cheese, sour cream, or plain yogurt
4. One can of chopped green chiles
5. One cup of salsa
6. Two cups of shredded lettuce
7. Four green onions, ends removed, onions sliced thin
8. One tomato, chopped
9. One-Two cups of guacamole or mashed avocado
Method1. Mix beans with chiles and spread over the bottom of a large platter.
2. Mix taco seasoning with cream cheese, yogurt, OR sour cream and spread over bean layer.
3. Next layer guacamole or avocado evenly over dip.
4. Spread salsa over avocado layer.
5. Layer lettuce over the salsa.
6. Top lettuce with green onions.
7. Top green onions with tomatoes.
Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!