I was starving after work and CrossFit today. I used ingredients I already had on hand to make this sandwich and OMG it turned out so good! I cant wait to make it and eat it again!
- 1 whole grain bagel, cut in half and toasted
- 1/2 avocado, cut into slices
- 1-2 heaping Tbsp of hummus
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 bunch of kale, de-ribbed and torn/chopped into bite sized pieces
- handful of sprouts (broccoli, alfalfa, etc.)
Place kale in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and dry kale well. You may want to blot kale with a paper towel to fully dry it.
To assemble sandwich:
Place avocado slices on one half of the toasted bagel.
Place a generous amount of hummus on the other toasted bagel half.
Place kale on top of the avocado, squeeze some fresh lemon juice on kale, and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place a generous handful of sprouts on top of hummus.
Place the bagel half with sprouts and hummus onto the bagel half with kale and avocado. Enjoy!