From Lottie and Doof and was adapted from Martha Stewart Living
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 12 ounces of linguine, preferably whole grain, organic
- 1.5 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered (I also used a Roma in the mix without problem)
- 1 white or yellow onion thinly sliced, about 2 cups
- 6 garlic cloves sliced or minced
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes, add more if you like more heat
- 12 fresh basil leaves plus extra for garnish
- 3 Tbsp of EVOO
- 2 tsp of kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 4.5 cups of water
- Dairy-Free Parmesan (optional), I made my own using this recipe
Method-Combine all ingredients in a large skillet. You need a skillet that is big enough for the linguine to lie flat across the bottom.
-Bring water to a boil then reduce to a low boil.
-Cook pasta for 10-15 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed and pasta is al dente (you want to leave a small amount of liquid for the "sauce").
-While pasta is cooking, toss pasta frequently using tongs.
-Transfer cooked pasta to serving bowls and, if desired, garnish with olive oil, basil, and Parmesan.
Serve immediately and Enjoy!
I served mine with Kale Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette from The Healthy Junky...thanks Erica!
Oh and BTW today marks day 1 of MARATHON training. I'm putting this on my blog so I stay accountable! 13 weeks to go! I think this one pan pasta would be a great "night before a marathon" meal! What do you think?