From Oh She Glows
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 5 cups of whole grain pasta, uncooked
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 1 cup of onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of frozen edamame (or you can sub any bean)
- salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
Basil Cream Sauce
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 2 Tbsp of EVOO
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion and garlic. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat then add peppers, zucchini, and edamame. Saute for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes to the skillet with the other veggies and cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. While vegetables are cooking, add all cream sauce ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
5. Add cooked pasta and cream sauce to the skillet with veggies. Season with additional salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!