This recipe was inspired by my favorite veggie pizza from Eric's in Stockton, CA. I had to attempt a vegan version!
- 1 ball of prepared pizza dough (use whole wheat if possible)
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, thinnly sliced
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of red or white onion, sliced
- 1/2 can artichoke hearts, drained
- vegan cheese
Pizza Sauce Ingredients (inspired by this recipe)
- 1 Tbsp of vegan butter
- 1/2 Tbsp of EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp of flour (may need more to thicken sauce)
- 1 cup of soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast
MethodPreheat oven to 350 and let pizza dough ball sit at room temperature.
Saute garlic in EVOO and butter. Add artichokes, salt, and pepper. Add in milk and basil. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add nutritional yeast and flour, stir to combine. Add more flour as needed to thicken sauce. Transfer sauce to a blender and blend until smooth.
Next grease a pizza pan. Press dough evenly over pizza pan and top with prepared sauce.
Add tomatoes, zucchini, onions, and artichokes to pizza. Top pizza with desired amount of vegan cheese. Bake pizza 12+ minutes until crust has browned and cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!