I made this sandwich yesterday and it turned out so good! I want it NOW. I ran my fourth half marathon this morning and I am feeling quite ravenous despite consuming lots of gels, Gatorade, chocolate/protein almond milk, and a recovery drink....but we are going out for my fiance's birthday and the sushi restaurant doesn't open until noon. So I am holding off on eating until then.
I had a really good race and got to run with my running BFF the whole time. I am so grateful for friends who tell you "YES, YOU CAN" when it is hard to tell yourself that.
Ingredients (makes 1 sandwich)
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 1/4 avocado, mashed
- hummus of choice
- 1/2 cup -1 cup of sprouts
- 1/2 of a tomato, thinly sliced
- red onion, a few thin slices
- 1/4 of a cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large lettuce leaf