From My Beef with Meat by Rip Esselstyn
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 bunch of kale, leaves removed from spines and chopped into bite sized pieces (about 4 cups, packed)
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 red bell pepper or roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated or cut into strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 15 ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
MethodPlace kale leaves in a large bowl. Add avocado, lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes to the bowl.
Using your hands, mash avocado, juice, etc. into the kale. This is creating your dressing.
Toss in bell pepper, carrots, onion, and oranges. Gently stir to combine. Chill for 30 minutes before consuming. Enjoy!