Despite popular belief, I LOVE spending LESS time in the kitchen. Meaning I do like to cook quick and easy meals-especially during the work week. This dish definitely falls under the "quick and easy" category. It's like a burrito casserole. I'm sure leftovers would be good warmed up and served rolled up in a tortilla like a burrito! Delish!
Adapted from this recipe
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice (You can use quick cooking rice to save time)
- 3/4 cup of frozen corn
- 4 oz canned green chiles
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained (Or you can use any beans you like!)
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Dairy-Free Sour Cream (See recipe below)
- 1 cup of dairy-free cheese (optional)---I did not add
- 2 corn tortillas, cut into 4 triangles each
- Garnishes: cilantro, avocado, green onion, tomato, additional dairy-free cheese for topping, etc.
Dairy-Free Sour Cream (From The Engine 2 Diet)
- 1 package of silken light firm tofu
- 1/3 cup of non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp of lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Preheat oven to 350. To assemble casserole, combine all ingredients, except garnishes, in a large bowl. Transfer mixture to a 1.5 quart sprayed casserole dish. Cover casserole with foil and bake for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes in the oven, remove foil and top casserole with corn tortilla triangles. Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes then remove from oven. Let casserole stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm with desired garnishes.